Tree Pruning & Trimming
Pruning is a necessary part of tree maintenance and care. Trees that are regularly pruned will be healthier, better-looking and safer. Any smaller trees or other nearby plants will benefit, too.
While minor pruning is something that can easily be done by any homeowner, for bigger jobs, working with a professional arborist is recommended. All Natural Tree Experts can provide tree pruning services in Roanoke and throughout Southwest VA. We offer fair pricing for fast work that’s performed with the highest level of respect for your property.
Tree Removal Guide & FAQs:
All Your Questions Answered
Why Should You Prune Your Trees?
There are several reasons why trees should be regularly pruned:
- Appearance: Occasional light pruning can give your tree a cleaner appearance that many homeowners prefer. While extensive shaping isn’t recommended, a small amount of aesthetic pruning is fine for any tree, and can actually stimulate fuller, more uniform growth.
- Safety: Low-hanging, dangerous tree limbs can be pruned to prevent safety hazards. If a tree poses a risk to nearby property or people, selective pruning is a better alternative to removing it outright. Pruning can also prevent accidents by keeping tree limbs away from power lines.
- Tree health: Overgrown trees can be pruned to improve air and light circulation. As well, pruning away affected branches can prevent diseases and pest infestations from spreading further and causing more damage.
If you’re unsure about whether or not a tree requires pruning, All Natural Tree Experts can provide a comprehensive health assessment. Call us and schedule an appointment today.
When and How to Prune Your Trees
All Natural Tree Experts can provide two types of seasonal tree pruning:
- Winter pruning is most common and should be performed just as temperatures are beginning to warm up. Winter pruning involves clearing away overgrown branches to promote fuller growth in the spring.
- Summer pruning is done later in the season, typically to slow down excessive growth and remove limbs that are unhealthy or hanging too low.
We can also provide emergency pruning services to get rid of branches that are diseased or in danger of falling down. Let us put together a maintenance schedule that ensures the year-round health of your trees.
What You Can Do on Your Own
Light pruning of a fruit or ornamental tree can be done safely by any property owner. Stick to smaller, younger branches — this will prevent scarring and ensure the tree’s overall health isn’t compromised. Avoid working around the area where the branch attaches to the trunk, and angle your cut downward from the stem.
While pruning, your goal should be to ensure more even spacing between branches. Be sure to stop periodically, step back and assess your work before continuing.
Find out for yourself why we’re a leader in Cutting Tree Services!
Your Source for Tree Cutting Services in Roanoke and Beyond
While we encourage all our customers to take an active interest in the health of their trees, some jobs should be left to a professional. Our certified arborists know how to prune trees in a safe and healthy manner. We are available to take on jobs of any size, for any type of tree. To request a quote and free consultation from one of our team members, contact our office directly by phone or email.
Our Customers Support Our Work.
""We had a huge oak tree fall on our shed and there was a huge maple about to fall down next to it from the recent storms. We had to get both removed before insurance could estimate the damage. Mr. Dwayne Shepherd came right out and gave us an estimate we could afford. We also hired his company to thin out trees blocking our view. They did a great job and highly recommend them." 5.0 Stars"
BRIAN DUVALL, Callaway, Va.
Emergency Tree Removal
We are prepared to take your call.
Do you have a tree that has fallen and is causing damage? Then call for our Emergency Tree Removal service. It's quick to ensure the immediate safety of your property and family. This is why we offer 24/7 Emergency Tree Service.
We have all the equipment for your emergency tree service situation and are available 24 hours a day.
Emergency Tree Removal services are typically covered by your homeowners insurance so call today.